We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Ingredients for making kefir rye cakes
- Rye flour (whole grain) 300 grams
- Kefir (from 1% fat content) 350 grams
- Salt 1 teaspoon
- Dried ground coriander 1 teaspoon
- Vegetable oil (sunflower or olive) 1 teaspoon
- Soda 1 teaspoon
- Main ingredients: Kefir, Flour
- Serving 6 servings
Deep plate, cup, tablespoon, baking tray, parchment for baking, fork, kitchen oven mitts, cling film, rolling pin.
Cooking rye cakes on kefir:
Step 1: Knead the rye dough on yogurt.
In a large cup, mix kefir and vegetable oil, whipping them with a fork until a homogeneous consistency. In a deep bowl, mix rye flour, salt, coriander and soda.
Make a depression in the flour and pour kefir mixed with oil into it. Start kneading the dough with a tablespoon. Mix everything until you get a sticky, homogeneous mass. Cover the resulting dough with cling film so that it does not weather, and let stand, rest for 20 minutes.
Step 2: Bake rye cakes.
Set the oven to warm up 200-220 degrees centigrade, but for now form the cakes. And you can do this in a variety of ways. You can put the dough on a flour tabletop, roll it with a rolling pin, and cut round cakes with a glass or a cup, just like cookies are cut out. Then the remainder of the dough is collected and rolled again. For convenience, you can initially divide the dough into two parts and work with each of them individually.
And there is another way, simpler. First, take a baking sheet, spread baking paper on it, sprinkle it with flour and lay out a little dough. Roll the mass in flour, getting a ball, and then just flatten it with your hand and start forming the next cake.
Regardless of which method you choose, at the end your flat cakes should lie on a baking sheet over which baking paper is sprinkled with flour. Make punctures on the products with a fork and send everything to the preheated oven on 15-20 minutes.
Ready cakes do not rush to remove from the baking sheet, let them cool, and then transfer them to the breadbasket or serve.
Step 3: Serve the rye cakes.
Kefir rye cakes are an excellent alternative to bread, so you need to serve them accordingly. Make sandwiches from them, cut in half and grease with butter or just offer to the soup. In any case, it will be very tasty and healthy.
Enjoy your meal!
- In general, for the preparation of these cakes, you can use not only coriander, but also any other spices and herbs to be suitable for adding to bread.
- And to increase the usefulness of rye cakes, add a little bran to their dough.
- Instead of kefir, you can also use natural yogurt without additives, but due to the fact that it is much thicker, you will have to take a slightly larger amount.
- If you really want, then you can add a little wheat flour to rye flour.